Poem: "Violence"


BEWARE!!! THIS PHOTO ATTACHMENT IS SENSITIVE IN NATURE. PLEASE BE ADVISED.



PROCEED WITH THE POEM.






-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Violence"
By: Rodolfo de Leon Jr.
I remember it all so plain and clear.
that violence from men will always be near.
I swore at sixteen no child to have,
if you couldn’t play safely with joy and a laugh.

Please forgive me my children for bringing you here,
for the reasons I do things are sometimes not clear.

My parents are gone and I do not mourn,
but only for the Life I was never shown.
I did try to spare you the same kind of fate,
and I hoped that my love would be never to late.

I had no control of the time or the chance,
that injustice would look upon you with his glance.
I raise my eyes to the heavens and vent to His name,
to save all the children who are yet put thru shame.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reactions are welcomed by writing a comment below.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time

Translate

Popular Posts

Labels

Visitors from Nations

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews